Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to find out if item is synchornized with another one (Form Builder 6i)
How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #312164] Tue, 08 April 2008 02:25 Go to next message
cardel
I would like to know, if i can check out if some item is synchronized with anothe one. I tried get_item_property, but there is no property for synchronization.

If it is not possible, can I find out db column name for some item, if column_name is not filled? I can´t use only item_name due to synchronization.

I need list of all items in block without synchornized items.

Thanks
Re: How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #312423 is a reply to message #312164] Tue, 08 April 2008 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Open the form in Form builder and have a look or use Forms*Tool to show you.

David
Re: How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #312796 is a reply to message #312423] Wed, 09 April 2008 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cardel
But I am creating this form in form builder!!! I need list of all items in a block and filter out synchronized items. I need do it in my pl/sql code.
Re: How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #312834 is a reply to message #312796] Wed, 09 April 2008 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
FormsTool is at http://www.orcl-toolbox.com/ They use an Oracle API to analyse a form.

I think you will have to determine and write the list manually. Then make the upkeep of that code part of your maintenance activities.

Out of curiousity, what are you going to do with this list of items?

David
Re: How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #312972 is a reply to message #312834] Thu, 10 April 2008 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cardel
I work on some project with huge number of existing forms. There is a functionality, that allows user to choose form item and after execute query the result will be ordered (order by clause is changed) by choosen item. In the list of items that can be use for ordering are now all navigable, enterable, database text items (no buttons etc.). So there is piece of program code, that goes through actual data block and search for relevant items. These items can be after that choosed by user.
But I found a problem with forms, where are some synchronized items. But they are marked as database items even if they are not in database and values from these items are only for some informations.
But this problem I have with tens of forms and I dont want to make some lengthy operations.
So I would like to find out some solution how to get all enterable, navigable, database and not synchronized items in a block Smile Because I want allow possibility to choose ordering of form results.

Tahnks
Re: How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #313179 is a reply to message #312972] Fri, 11 April 2008 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Thank you for the explanation. If the user has asked to sort by this non-database synchronised field, isn't the fact that the originating database field is selected a 'good thing'?

David
Re: How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #313328 is a reply to message #313179] Fri, 11 April 2008 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cardel
This would be 'good thing', but the the originating database field is not selected. For example I have in block A database field with name EXAMPLE and in block B field DUPL_EXAMPLE. And DUPL_EXAMPLE is synchronized with EXAMPLE. But DUPL_EXAMPLE is mark as database field even if it has not assigned any database column in some table.
With existing algorithm I'll find all database fields in block B and DUPL_EXAMPLE is in the list. But when user choose this field for sorting, the ORDER BY clause of the block is changed to 'DUPL_EXAMPLE'. So I have after that statement 'SELECT X,Y,Z from B ORDER BY DUPL_EXAMPLE' and this causes error when executing the query, because DUPL_EXAMPLE is not in DB Sad
I dont want this field in my list!!! Grrr Smile
Re: How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #313588 is a reply to message #313328] Sun, 13 April 2008 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How about doing a 'select' on 'user_tab_columns' or 'all_tab_columns' to see if the field exists in the table? You could do this either at the time of creating your list or when the user selects the field.

David
Re: How to find out if item is synchornized with another one [message #313808 is a reply to message #313588] Mon, 14 April 2008 11:59 Go to previous message
cardel
Yes, great idea! That was it!

Thank you David
Previous Topic: Sequence Number
Next Topic: Send email from oracle forms 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 12:15:56 CDT 2024