Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » update
update [message #311724] Sun, 06 April 2008 01:21 Go to next message
islam175
hi all
i have a tabular form , has some data , and i want to call a report for these data but i don't want to print it more than one time ,
i put an extra column in the table called convert to do update for the record and put 0 status in that column for the record which displayed in the form but when i put the following

DECLARE
P_LIST PARAMLIST;
BEGIN
update tablename
set columnname = 0
where coulmnname= :columnname;
commit;
RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'REQUEST.REP',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,P_LIST,NULL);
END;

just the first record in the form updated Sad , unless going to the next record then call the report again , when i want all of shown record update once i call that report , so what can i do ??
Re: update [message #311732 is a reply to message #311724] Sun, 06 April 2008 04:32 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oracle updated all records you told it to. Obviously, only one record in the table satisfies the WHERE condition. If you aren't happy with it, change the way you are doing it. I'm not sure I understood completely what you want to do, but - perhaps you'll need to use a LOOP in order to check all displayed records.

However: I wonder what will you do when there's paper jam and nothing is printed, but you have already marked this record as "printed once". How do you plan to allow printing another copy (as the first didn't appear at all)?
Previous Topic: How can i create an LOV that should not run if item field is not NULL
Next Topic: how a user do not put date greater than today in date field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:25:40 CDT 2024