Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How can i create an LOV that should not run if item field is not NULL (FORMS 6i)
How can i create an LOV that should not run if item field is not NULL [message #311311] Fri, 04 April 2008 01:13 Go to next message
gajendra
HI,
can any one give me the code to create LOV. which should not run if field is not NULL but LOV run if field is NULL.

sample code:

if blk.item is null then

if show_lov(lov_item) then
next_item;
end if;

else

if blk.item is not null then
next_item;
end if;

end if;

this is not working.

so suggest me any solution as soon as possible.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 April 2008 02:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can i create an LOV that should not run if item field is not NULL [message #311377 is a reply to message #311311] Fri, 04 April 2008 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
athar.fitfd@hotmail.com
Create an lov by lov wizard. then go to property pallete of field to which the lov is attached and set the lov property to null so that lov is not displayed when user presses F9 key.
Go to key next item trigger of the field and
write this code;

declare
lov boolean;
begin
if item1 is null then
lov:=show_lov('lov_name');
end if;
next_item;
end;

it will work .

ok bye.
Re: How can i create an LOV that should not run if item field is not NULL [message #311600 is a reply to message #311377] Sat, 05 April 2008 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gajendra
Thanks very much for code it is working as per requirement.

i want to ask you something why you take boolean in this and can you explain how it is working.

[EDITED by LF: removed question which doesn't belong here; besides, there's a new topic opened for the same (which is the correct way to do it)]

[Updated on: Sat, 05 April 2008 03:43] by Moderator

Re: How can i create an LOV that should not run if item field is not NULL [message #311628 is a reply to message #311600] Sat, 05 April 2008 03:34 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Boolean? Where? If you are referring to "IF something > something_else" or similar, isn't it always a Boolean expression? "If something is true then do something", "if something is false then do something else" etc.

[EDIT: answer for the deleted question has been moved to another topic]

[Updated on: Sat, 05 April 2008 03:45]

Previous Topic: Sending email from a form
Next Topic: update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:31:01 CDT 2024