Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » list item - poplist - ctrl pagedown (Oracle Forms 10g Windows AppServer)
list item - poplist - ctrl pagedown [message #310916] Wed, 02 April 2008 18:17 Go to next message
rktman
Hi there
I have an issue on a form - we have recently upgrade from forms 4.5 to 10g

The first block of my form has only 1 editable item - which happens to be a poplist
After a query is executed the form sits with the current item as the poplist
The user often just wants to go to the second block - and under forms 4.5 a Ctrl-PageDown worked to take them to the next block
However in the new 10g form the first time you press Ctrl-PageDown it takes you to the last entry in the list for the current field, then the next ctrl-pagedown has nowhere left to go down in the poplist so THEN goes down to the next block
This is not too useful as the user changes the value in the poplist rather than navigating in the form and may not even realised they changed it...
So how can I make a ctrl-pagedown actually mean next block from within a poplist field
??
Re: list item - poplist - ctrl pagedown [message #311251 is a reply to message #310916] Thu, 03 April 2008 17:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
No idea. It may not be possible with the new behaviour of the pop-list. How about creating a dummy field that does NOT have a pop-list and the user can either 'tab' to the pop-list or press 'ctrl-pagedown' to go to the next block.

David
Previous Topic: how to work with Check-Box
Next Topic: how to change "Number Of Records Displayed" at run time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 10:26:44 CDT 2024